A video-summary of the pastoral letter can be found here
A plan of action on the basis of this letter can be found here.
- We object to the non-consideration of moral principles, the bedrock of law, in legislative discussions of bills that are intended for the good of individuals and for the common good.
- We are against the anti-life, anti-natal and contraceptive mentality that is reflected in media and in some proposed legislative bills.
- We object strongly to efforts at railroading the passage of the RH bill.
- We denounce the over-all trajectory of the RH bill towards population control.
- We denounce the use of public funds for contraceptives and sterilization.
- We condemn compulsory sex education that would effectively let parents abdicate their primary role of educating their own children, especially in an area of life – sexuality – which is a sacred gift of God.
- We are deeply concerned about the plight of the many poor, especially of suffering women, who are struggling for a better life and who must seek it outside of our country, or have recourse to a livelihood less than decent.
- We are pro-life. We must defend human life from the moment of conception or fertilization up to its natural end.
- We believe in the responsible and natural regulation of births through Natural Family Planning for which character building is necessary which involves sacrifice, discipline and respect for the dignity of the spouse.
- We believe that we are only stewards of our own bodies. Responsibility over our own bodies must follow the will of God who speaks to us through conscience.
- We hold that on the choices related to the RH bill, conscience must not only be informed but most of all rightly guided through the teachings of one’s faith.
- We believe in the freedom of religion and the right of conscientious objection in matters that are contrary to one’s faith. The sanctions and penalties embodied in the proposed RH bill are one more reason for us to denounce it.